Ananya Birla is an Alumnus of the University of Oxford with BA in Economics and Management.
She spent her early work days interning at HSBC in investment banking, London, UK; Lowe Lintas, London, UK; The Times Newspaper, London, UK; Abercrombie and Fitch, London, UK; and Oxfam, Oxford, UK.
Ananya started her career at the age of 17 as the Founder, Chairperson and Director at Svatantra Microfinance Pvt. Ltd.
The aim of Svatantra Microfinance Pvt. Ltd. is to make rural entrepreneurs, predominantly women clients, economically self sustainable through affordable, innovative financial and non-financial solutions - micro credit being the main focus
-The first microfinance institution to receive the Non-Banking Financial Company – Microfinance Institution (NBFC-MFI) license from the Reserve Bank of India
-The only MFI that follows a 100% cash-less disbursement through bank transfers, assist clients in opening bank accounts and train them on how to best utilize them
-The Gross portfolio of the company is 1,39,76,69,981 with a total of 66 Branches – Pan India and a total number of clients 1,15,054 (as of date)
She is the Co-Founder and Vice Chairperson at Mpower Minds;
- A Cause for the mind, from the heart
To empower individuals and their families dealing with mental health disorders by raising awareness, alleviating stigma, advocating prevention, fostering education, and providing world class holistic services, so that they can lead meaningful and productive lives, with respect and dignity
Ananya is all set to embark on a new journey as the Founder, Chairperson and Director at Curocarte
Curocarte is a brand that is based on an E-commerce model. A premium lifestyle brand which aims to make authentic/unique/rare handcrafted products accessible in its most alluring form
Accolades that belong to Ananya:
- Assocham's (The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India) – Youngest Co-Chair in the history (Microfinance Industry India) Award
- Forbes Asia’s Women to Watch 2016
- Corporate Debutante Award - Hello Magazine, India - 'Hall of Fame’
- Verve Issue - India Power Women - Top 5 Power Inheritors List
- Miss Vogue's list of '28 geniuses under 28’
- Swaach Bharat Spirituality at Work Award 2015
- Leading Woman in Microfinance - 6th Annual Women Leaders in India, Awards
- CNBC Young Business Woman- 1st on the public poll voting
- IIT’s largest Entrepreneurship Summit in India 1) Panel 2) Speech
- United Nations 'Young Change Makers Conclave' theme 'Make in India'
- Times of India
- Economic Times Cover Page
- Hindustan Times
- CNBC- TV18
- ET Panache Cover
- Business Standard Cover Page
- Forbes Richest Indians Limited Edition